1 - Introduction
a - In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and any statutes, laws, by-laws, regulations, rules and/or otherwise shall include such provisions as may be modified, amended, revised and/or re-enacted from time to time, we hereby inform you inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data, which shall include without limitation any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in our possession, the Sensitive Personal Data as defined in the Act (the “Personal Data”) that has been and/or will be, collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by us when you visit or make a purchase from nskonline.com.my(the “Site”).
2 - Collection of personal data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present of future dealings with NSK Grocer (KL) SDN BHD, its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies) (“We”, “our”, “us” or “Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purposes (defined hereinafter) that is in connection with our
3 - Description of personal data
- During the course of your visiting and accessing the Site, your following personal data may be collected from you, including, but not limited to:-
a - name;
b - identity Cardnumber;
c - address;
d - date of birth;
e - photograph;
f - household information;
g - gender;
h - email address;
i - mobile phone number;
j - passport number;
k - any other information about the you when you sign up to use our Services or Site, and when you use the Services or Site, as well as information related to how you use our Services or Site;
l - Sensitive Personal Data as defined under theAct;
m - such any other Personally Identifiable Information (PII) defined by international privacy laws or standards;
n - relevant data including without limitation account data, such as bank account details, bank statements, credit card details and payment details (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third party payment service providers); transaction data, such as details about orders and payments, and other details of products and Services related to you; technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Platform profile data, such as your username and password, orders related to you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, usage data, such as information on how you use the Services or view any content on the Site, including the time spent on the Site, items and data searched for on the Site, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the Site and other similar statistics; location data, such as when you capture and share your location with us in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content to the Platform and marketing and communications data, such as your preferencesin receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Platform or with third party customer service providers;
- such any information requested by the government for identification or other information required for our due diligence or fraud prevention
4 - Purposes for collection of personal data
- We will or may collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for the following purposes including but not limited to (collectively referred to as “Purposes”):
a - to consider and/or process your application/transaction with us or your transactions or communications with third parties via the Services;
b - to manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our Services and Site, as well as your relationship and user account withus;
c - to respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction and/or to fulfill your requests for certain products andservices;
d - to enforce our terms of Serviceor any applicable end user license agreements;
e - to contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message, instant messages including without limitation whatsapp messages and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of voice call, text message, instant messages including without limitation whatsapp messages and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mailpackages;
f - for marketing and in this regard, to send you by various modes of communication such as voice call, text message, instant messages including without limitation whatsapp messages and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise, location-based services or otherwise, marketing and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom we may collaborate or tie up with) that we (and/or its affiliates or related corporations) may be selling, marketing or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future;
g - to conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling) in order to analyse how you use our Services, to improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
h - to allow for audits and surveys to, among other things, validate the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with our Services and to produce statisticsand research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
i - to respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us or on its related corporations oraffiliates;
j - to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place byus;
k - to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our Services or any other matter arising from your relationship with us, and whether or not there is any suspicion of theaforementioned;
l - to maintain and administer any software updates and/or other updates and support that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of our Services and to store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside of yourjurisdiction;
m - any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your data
5 - Sources of personal data
- During the course of your visiting, accessing the Site and/or using the Services, we may obtain clients’ personal data from the following sources including but not limitedto:-
a - When you visit and access theSite;
b - When you sign up/register an account with us;
c - When you make a purchase through the Site and/or you use services provided under the Site and/ or carry out transactions through ourServices;
d - when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physicalform;
e - when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
f - when you interact with us, use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use services on our website (which include without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website) such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails, including, but not limited to, when you interact with our customer service agents, participate a survey, communicate with us offline or online, register for a contest, provide us with feedback or complaints;
g - When you submit your personal data to us for any
The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected.
- If you do not want us to collect the aforementioned information/personal data, you may opt out at any time by notifying us via email by writing to [email protected] by contacting us using the contact details below. We note however, that opting out of us collecting your personal data or withdrawing your consent for us to collect, use or process your personal data may affect your use of the Services such as the opting out of the collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be
6 - Disclosure of personal data
7 - Security of personal data
- We shall use our best endeavour to ensure the security of your personal data on our Site.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
8 - Transfer of Personal data
9 - Marketing and promotional purposes
- Upon subscribing to our Services, you will be receiving marketing and/or promotional emails or calls from us, which includes monthly promotions and information on future events. If you do not wish to receive any promotional news or calls please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and you will be excluded from our newsletters and contacts.
10 - Data subject’sobligations
- It is necessary for us to collect and to retain your personal data. Therefore, it is also obligatory for you to supply personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If you do not provide us with personal data, we are unable to, process personal data on your behalf, for the Purposes stated in clause 4 herein, or effectively render our Services to you, and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect.
11 - The rights of data subject
a - You may request for access to personal data processed by us on with reasonable notice. Access, requests can be made through email by writing to [email protected] by contacting us using the contact details.
b - You may request for correction and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. Correction requests can be made through email by writing to [email protected]or by contacting us using the contact details below. In order to facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request. Where permissible under law, we may refuse such correction requests if deemed vexatious.
d - We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal data records where permitted by applicable data protection laws. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
13 - Age requirement
- The Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal data or non-personally-identifiable information from anyone under the age of 10 nor is any part of our Site or Services or other services directed to children under the age of 18. We will close any accounts used exclusively by such children and will remove and/or delete any personal data we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 18.
14 - Inquiries andcomplaints
- Should you require further information about the personal data we hold or the way in which your information is being collected or used which are not answered by this Privacy Notice please contact or write to usat:
Email : [email protected]